Developing applications for Android™ systems requires basic knowledge of Java programming language. This introductory course that focuses on the fundamentals of Java programming language, its framework, syntax, and paradigm.
The course will focus on object-oriented programming and techniques which are mainly used in Android software development kit (SDK). It will provide the basic tools and skills to ensure a smooth start with Android application development. This is a crucial course for any non-Java programmer planning to learn the development of Android applications, though it is not mapped to any exam.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Android Studio.
- Writing a Java Program.
- Run a Java Program.
- Write a Java Comment.
- Understand Java Variables and Their Data Types.
- Acquiring Good Knowledge of Java Control Flow Statements.
- Understanding The Java Methods and Arrays.
- Understanding the Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Concepts and Java Class.
This course is designed for software developers or anyone interested in building Android applications. However, computer programming experience in any language is a required prerequisite in order to benefit from this course.
Module 1: First Step in Java
- The History of Java
- How Java Programs work?
- Install Java JDK and JRE
- Why did Google choose Java over other programming languages?
- Android OS Structure
- Install Android Studio
Module 2: Create and Run Java Projects
- Creating an Android Project (Java Project) Using Android Studio
- Writing a Java Program
- Java Methods
- Running a Java Program
- Write a Comment
- Java Variables and Their Data Type
Module 3: Control Flow Statements
- IF – Else Statement
- If…Else and Else…If… Statement
- If Else and Logical Operators
- Switch Statement
- While Loop
- Do-while Loop
- For Loop
- The Break Statement
- The Continue Statement
Module 4: Methods and Arrays
- Method Structure
- Call Method by Value
- Call Method by Reference
- Enter Data to Java Program
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Concepts
- Java Class
- Course Android Application Development