You will create basic applications using the Java SE 7 programming language. You will also describe object-oriented concepts, Unified Modeling Language (UML) representation of object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts, and Java platforms and technologies.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create simple programs in Java using basic code components.
- Control program flow by writing code to respond to specific situations and produce appropriate results.
- Work with Java class libraries to instantiate objects from Java classes.
- Create classes.
- Write Java programs that reuse objects and their attributes.
- Represent OOP concepts using UML.
- Identify client-side technologies.
- Identify server-side technologies.
- Identify integration technologies.
This course is designed for students who are looking for an entry into an application development or a software project management career using Java technologies.
This is the first course in the series of Java courses and does not have any prerequisites.
Lesson 1: Programming in Java
- Create a Simple Java Program
- Define a Simple Class
- Create and Initialize Variables
- Write an Expression
- Work with Arrays
Lesson 2: Controlling Program Flow
- Write If Statements
- Write a Switch Statement
- Write a For Loop
- Write While and Do…While Loops
Lesson 3: Working with Java Class Libraries
- Use the Java Class Library
- Invoke Attributes of an Object
Lesson 4: Creating Classes
- Define Methods
- Overload a Method
- Define Constructors
- Create Static Class Members
- Use Command-Line Arguments
- Define JavaBeans
Lesson 5: Implementing Inheritance
- Import a Class
- Extend a Class
- Override Methods
- Create Interfaces
- Implement Interfaces
- Work with Objects
Lesson 6: Representing OOP Concepts Using UML
- Introduction to UML
- Apply UML
Lesson 7: Identifying Client-Side Technologies
- Introduction to Client-Side Technologies
- Introduction to Thin UI Clients
- Introduction to Fat UI Clients
- Introduction to Micro UI Clients
Lesson 8: Identifying Server-Side Technologies
- Introduction to Server-Side Technologies
- Identify Web Components
- Identify Business Components
- Process XML and Associating Elements
Lesson 9: Identifying Integration Technologies
- Describe Synchronous Communication
- Introduction to Web Services
- Introduction to Database Connectivity
- Describe Asynchronous Communication
- Java Programming
- OCA, Java SE 7 Programmer