You will work with advanced features of Java.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create and manage custom classes.
- Control program flow by writing code to respond to specific criteria.
- Implement object-oriented programming techniques to create reusable and reliable programs.
- Work with Java utility class libraries.
- Use the capabilities of the Java I/O package to read and write data to external files or media.
- Use collection APIs in Java to manage data.
- Use generics to enforce compile-time type checking.
- Use multi-threaded programs to help handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Manage Java applications for memory efficiency and create distributable versions of a Java application.
This course is intended for individuals who are Java programmers and have worked with databases and with object-oriented programming techniques, who are now ready to create more complex and advanced programs using Java SE 7.
Students should be skilled and experienced in using Java. They should have knowledge of database structures and terminology. Also, they should be familiar with object-oriented programming. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the course or have equivalent knowledge Java Fundamentals.
Module 1: Working with Classes
- Create Classes
- Create Variables
- Write an Expression
- Work with Arrays
- Work with Static Class Members
- Define Methods
- Use Enumerated Data Types
Module 2: Controlling Program Flow
- Work with Conditional Statements
- Work with Looping Statements
- Handle Exceptions
- Handle Chained Exceptions
- Write and Enable Assertions
Module 3: Implementing Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- Extend a Class
- Overload and Override Methods
- Work with Interfaces
- Create Inner Classes
- Examine Object-Oriented Design Concepts
Module 4: Working with Java Utility Class Libraries
- Work with Strings
- Format and Parse Strings
- Work with Dates, Numbers, and Currencies
Module 5: Using the Java I/O Package
- Work with the File Class
- Work with Byte Streams
- Work with Character Streams
- Read Files
- Write to a File
- Manipulate I/O Objects
Module 6: Using Collections
- Work with the Collection Interface
- Work with the Set Collection
- Work with List Collections
- Work with Queues
- Work with the Map Collection
- Work with Collection Utilities
Module 7: Working with Generics
- Declare Generics
- Implement Generics
Module 8: Using Multi-Threaded Programs
- Create a Multi-Threaded Program
- Synchronize Threads
Module 9: Managing Java Applications
- Implement Garbage Collection
- Deploy a Java Application
- OCP, Java SE 7 Programmer