This course provides administrators with the knowledge and skills necessary to deploy and manage Windows 10 desktops, devices, and applications in an enterprise environment. Students will learn how to plan and implement Windows 10 deployments in large organizations. Students will also learn how to manage the Windows 10 installations after deployment to provide secure identity and data access by using technologies related to User Experience Virtualization (UE-V), Group Policy, Work Folders and Client Hyper-V. To support a variety of device and data management solutions, Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Store for Business and Office 365 are used for device management. These services are part of the Enterprise Mobility+ Security, which provides identity and access management, cloud-based device management, application and update management, and more secure data access to information stored both on the cloud and onsite within your corporate network.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Manage PCs and devices in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 enterprise desktops.
- Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Manage user profiles and User Experience Virtualization.
- Manage desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Manage devices in Office 365.
- Manage PCs and devices by using Intune.
- Configure and using Microsoft Store for Business.
- Deploy apps and manage information access by using Intune.
- Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
- Configure and manage Client Hyper-V.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments and in managing the cloud-based application and data service environments for medium-to-large enterprise organizations. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the internet and cloud services.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Azure AD principles.
- Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
- The Windows client operating system essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 10 and/or Windows 8.1.
- Course 20697-1 Implementing and Managing Windows 10.
Module 1: Managing PCs and devices in an enterprise environment
- Managing Windows 10 in the enterprise
- Managing a mobile workforce and supporting devices
- Overview of Enterprise Mobility + Security
Module 2: Traditional Windows 10 deployment in the enterprise
- Overview of Windows 10 enterprise deployment
- Customizing enterprise deployments
- Maintaining a Windows 10 installation
- Volume license activation for Windows 10
Module 3: Managing Windows 10 sign-in and identity
- Overview of enterprise identity
- Overview of Azure AD Premium P2
- Extending identity to the cloud
Module 4: Managing user profiles and User State Virtualization
- Managing user profiles and user state
- Configuring UE-V
- Managing user state migration
Module 5: Managing desktop and application settings by using Group Policy
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Configuring enterprise desktops by using Group Policy policies
- Overview of Group Policy preferences
Module 6: Managing devices in Office 365
- Overview of Office 365
- MDM for Office 365
Module 7: Managing PCs and devices by using Microsoft Intune
- Overview of Intune
- Managing devices by using Intune
- Basic Intune administration
- Working with Intune device profiles
- Conditional access with Intune
- Managing software updates
Module 8: Configuring and using Microsoft Store for Business
- Using Microsoft Store for Business for app deployment
- Deploying Windows 10 by using Windows AutoPilot
Module 9: Deploying apps and managing information access by using Intune
- App management by using Intune
- App deployment and management
- Working with WIP
Module 10: Managing data access for Windows-based devices
- Overview remote data access solutions
- Implementing Work Folders
- Implementing cloud data access
- Publishing and using RemoteApp programs
Module 11: Configuring and managing Client Hyper-V
- Installing and configuring Client Hyper-V
- Configuring virtual switches
- Creating and managing virtual hard disks
- Creating and managing VMs
- Course 20695 Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications
- MCSA: Windows 10 (70-697)