This course provides IT professionals with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops in a Windows Server small to medium-sized AD DS domain environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, configure local and remote network connectivity, and configure local and online storage.
Students also will learn how to configure security in addition to how to maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan, install, and upgrade to Windows 10.
- Perform post-installation configuration.
- Implement networking.
- Implement network security.
- Manage Windows 10 with Group Policy.
- Implement remote management.
- Manage local storage.
- Manage files and resources.
- Install and manage apps.
- Secure Windows 10.
- Implement remote connectivity.
- Maintain and update Windows 10.
- Recover and troubleshoot Windows 10.
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops and devices in small to medium-sized networks.
The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as AD DS domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10 also will benefit from this course. In addition, this course is intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who work in small to medium-sized organizations, and who provide Tier 1 or Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Experience deploying and configuring network services, including DNS, in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Client essentials, such as a working knowledge of Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
Module 1: Installing Windows 10
- Overview of Windows 10
- Planning your Windows 10 deployment
- Installing and deploying Windows 10
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Windows 10 installation maintenance
- Managing volume activation
Module 2: Performing post-installation configuration
- Overview of management tools
- Customizing the user interface
- Managing devices, device drivers, and services
- Configuring features, mobility, and power options
- Overview of Client Hyper-V
Module 3: Implementing networking
- Homegroups, workgroups, and domains
- Configuring IPv4 network connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 network connectivity
- Implementing name resolution
- Troubleshooting network connectivity
- Implementing wireless network connectivity
Module 4: Implementing network security
- Implementing Windows Defender Firewall
- Connection security rules
- Implementing Windows Defender Antivirus
Module 5: Managing Windows 10 with Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy
- Configuring Windows 10 devices with GPOs
Module 6: Implementing remote management
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Using Windows PowerShell remoting
Module 7: Managing storage
- Overview of storage options
- Managing disks, partitions, and volumes
- Maintaining disks and volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Implementing and managing OneDrive
- Working with virtual hard disks
Module 8: Managing files and resources
- Overview of file systems
- Configuring and managing file access
- Managing shared folders
- Work Folders
- Managing printers
Module 9: Deploying and managing apps
- Overview of apps in Windows 10
- The Microsoft Store and Microsoft Store for Business
- Automating app deployment
- Configuring web browsers
Module 10: Securing Windows 10
- Managing user accounts
- Configuring UAC
- Implementing and managing BitLocker
Module 11: Implementing remote connectivity
- Overview of remote connectivity options
- Implementing VPNs
- Implementing DirectAccess
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
- Updating Windows 10
- Monitoring Windows 10
Module 13: Recovering Windows 10
- Recovering files
- Performing system recovery
- Course 20697-2 Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
- Course 10982 Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10
- MCSA: Windows 10 (Exam 70-698)